NSWGR      KP  Mail Van  

8 of these 63'4" vans were built by Ritchie Bros. in 1912.  Originally finished with tongue and groove siding they were all rebuilt in the early 1960s with plywood sides. These vans carried four postal workers who sorted late mail for destinations along the route. In the 1960s, the KP mail vans were regularly used on the North Coast Mail, the North West Mail, the South West Mail and the Through Mail. These trains left Central up to 6 days per week. In the 1970s the destination of some services changed, however mail sorting services still operated to the major inland centers of Grafton, Werris Creek, Glen Innes, Orange and Junee/Albury. The last KP in use was on The North Coast Mail in 1985

The model retains the Austrains chassis with some minor modifications but the body has been re-skinned and now has a new improved roof profile.

 

 

Order Form