1959 BCW Cattle Wagon
One hundred bogie cattle wagons were built in 1959-60 by A. Gonnian in Newcastle. Coded BCW and numbered 29725 to 29824 they were of timber and steel construction and finished in standard NSWR gunmetal. They were in service until the demise of livestock traffic in the late 1980s, in the early days they could be regularly found working to Wodonga and even, on
occasions, to South Dynon yard in Melbourne. These wagons were of a similar dimension to the earlier bogie cattle wagons and the current bogie sheep vans. Many components of the cattle and sheep wagons were shared and later these wagons formed the basis of several other classes of wagon.